Integrated MSc-PhD program 2024
The Integrated MSc-PhD program in Mathematics at Kerala School of Mathematics is an advanced training program at the postgraduate level leading to doctoral studies. The coursework is very flexible with a focus on grooming students for a research career in Mathematics. Depending on the choice of the electives, a student also has the option to choose a research career in Physics or Theoretical Computer Science as well.
The integrated MSc-PhD program at Kerala School of Mathematics(KSoM) has the following salient features:
- A (current) scholarship amount of Rs. 6000/- per month will be given to all candidates during the MSc part(2 years) of the program.
- A scholarship amount equivalent to other national scholarship schemes will be given to the qualifying candidates during the PhD part (from 3rd year onwards) of the program.
- An exit policy in the program allows students to leave the program with an MSc degree after two years of the program if they so desire.
- Subsidised on campus accommodation is offered to all selected candidates.
- Students will have free access to the institute facilities such as library, and other online resources related to their study.
- An academic environment with national and international level lectures, workshops, seminars and conferences enriches the program.
Eligibility: The minimum qualification required for joining the program is B.Sc., B.Math., B.Stat. or equivalent degree with Mathematics as one of the subjects or BE/B.Tech. or equivalent degree. A maximum of 12 students shall be selected every year.
Selection: Students shall be admitted to the program through a two-tier process involving an initial screening from any of the following examinations:
The syllabus for the KSoM written examination can be found here.
The final selection thereafter will be based on a test/interview at KSoM.
Click here for the brochure of the program.
A candidate interested in applying to the Integrated MSc-PhD program in 2024 should appear in at least one of the above mentioned examinations. Those candidates who are shortlisted through one of these examinations will be called for an (offline) interview at Kerala School of Mathematics.
- The application portal for applying to the NBHM Master’s examination is now open. The details can be found in the link https://www.imsc.res.in/~nbhm/.
- The CMI applications for 2024-25 admissions will open around March 01, 2024. Further details will be announced by February, 2024 in their website https://www.cmi.ac.in/admissions/.
- The applications for the KSoM written examination will open on March 15, 2024. Please visit the website of KSoM for further details.
Click here for the poster of the program.
For any queries please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.