Integrated MSc-PhD program 2023
The Integrated MSc-PhD program in Mathematics at Kerala School of Mathematics is an advanced training program at the postgraduate level leading to doctoral studies. The coursework is very flexible with a focus on grooming students for a research career in Mathematics. Depending on the choice of the electives, a student also has the option to choose a research career in Physics or Theoretical Computer Science as well.
The integrated MSc-PhD program at Kerala School of Mathematics(KSoM) has the following salient features:
- A (current) scholarship amount of Rs. 6000/- per month will be given to all candidates during the MSc part(2 years) of the program.
- A scholarship amount equivalent to other national scholarship schemes will be given to the qualifying candidates during the PhD part (from 3rd year onwards) of the program.
- An exit policy in the program allows students to leave the program with an MSc degree after two years of the program if they so desire.
- Subsidised on campus accommodation is offered to all selected candidates.
- Students will have free access to the institute facilities such as library, and other online resources related to their study.
- An academic environment with national and international level lectures, workshops, seminars and conferences enriches the program.
Eligibility: The minimum qualification required for joining the program is B.Sc., B.Math., B.Stat. or equivalent degree with Mathematics as one of the subjects or BE/B.Tech. or equivalent degree. A maximum of 12 students shall be selected every year.
Selection: Students shall be admitted to the program through a two-tier process involving an initial screening from any of the following examinations:
The final selection thereafter will be based on a test/interview at KSoM.
A candidate interested in the Integrated MSc-PhD program should appear in at least one of the above mentioned examinations. Those candidates who are shortlisted through one of these examinations will be called for an (offline) interview at Kerala School of Mathematics (towards the end of June 2023).
The registration fee for applying for the examination is Rs. 500/- till April 30, 2023 (Rs. 300/- for SC/ST candidates). The registration fee will be Rs. 1000/- thereafter (Rs. 600/- for SC/ST candidates) till May 14, 2023. The portal closes at midnight on May 14, 2023.
The application process for the admission test for the Int. MSc-PhD program 2023 is now closed.
The syllabus for the written examination can be found here.
Click here for the brochure of the program. For any queries please write to email@example.com.
Click here for the list of students selected for admission to the Integrated MSc-PhD program 2023.